Monday 6 August 2012

Makeup Products I Regret Buying

I was in two minds whether to write this post as it seems depressing,  but thought it may be of some use to people if I shared with you the makeup products that I wish I never bought.


Maybelline Eye Studio Mono Eye-shadow in Fatal Violet

This eyeshadow just has the poorest pigmentation EVER, it looks completely different in the pan to what it does swatched and I was just so disappointed when I got this home and tried to use it :( 

Attempting a swatch :(

Most the product was left on my fingers :(

The Colour Works Bronzer


Luckily, this was a gift in a bronzing set so I didn't actually but this but as I don't use it, I figured I may as well talk about it. This is by far the most shimmery bronzer EVER and it just looks ridiculous on because of the shimmers!

Shimmer overboard

LOOK AT THE SHIMMER!

Swatched.
 Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Iced Caramel


I used to use this, but since discovering other lipsticks I've realised this really isn't the shade for me - it's way to brown toned and the formula is not as nice as it could be so I don't get as much wear out of it now.




Maybelline Expression Kajal Eye Pencil in White

Sorry Maybelline! I bought this to go in my waterline and open up my eyes but this pencil is so scratchy and unblendable it just looks ridiculous when applied in my waterline! It also clumps in my lashes so I end up with white lumps in my lower lashes :(




Collection (2000) Idol Eyes Eye Shimmer Crayon in Ice Queen

I'm aware that Collection have recently re-vamped their products so this probably isn't on sale anymore but if it is DON'T BUY IT! It took ages of me really rubbing on my skin to get a swatch to show, the pigmentation is just so poor! I can't imagine putting this on my eyes and having to rub as hard as I did on my hand to get the colour to show - just ouch :/ 





 Maybelline Cream Gloss in Clearly Clear


I promise I have nothing against Maybelline as a brand, I'm sorry the majority of these products were from them! I have nothing against the formula of this lip gloss, I just never wear is so regret spending the money!

Thanks for reading - what do you regret buying?
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. That eye shadow looks crappy :( I love to read posts like this though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These types of posts are some of my favorite!! I love reading what people regret. An alternate idea for that bronzer. You could use it as eyeshadows! I have a Physician's Formula "bronzer" and got the idea from Juicystar07 on Youtube to use it as an eyeshadow palette instead! Just an idea! Found you through the blog hop!
    Laura
    abrunetteduet.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog link so I can check it out :)