Tuesday 24 July 2012

Montagne Jeunesse Perfectly Pampered Orange Oil Spa Hair Mask Review

This review has taken a while to be posted as I took photos on my camera which then died and my boyfriend kept forgetting to give the charger back to me! For reference, I actually used this mask on the 12th of July.


"Perfectly Pampered is exclusively formulated using carefully selected marine and plant extracts. This essential nutrients nourish, re-hydrate & protect..."

Now I'm an avid user of hair masks and treatments as my hair is fairly damaged by heat and bleaching, so when I was given the opportunity to review this product from Montagne Jeunesse I thought why not?!

When I used this mask, I had just got back from holiday in Spain in which my hair was in the sun all week, and had been in contact with chlorine swimming pools and the salty sea water. I had also used my John Frieda Go Blonder Spray the week before, so needless to say, my hair was in need of a treat.

I made sure to follow the instructions exactly as on the packaging of the sample, in order to gain a full idea of how well the mask worked. I first used my Tres Emme Colour Protect shampoo then proceeded to use the mask. I had ideally wanted to use only half the sample so I could try it again however my long think hair needed the whole sample to feel fully saturated with the product.


The fragrance of this was lovely and orangey (I know, shocker!) but what I loved the most is that the scent stayed in my hair for the rest of the day! The formula of the mask was not as thick or creamy as the mask I usually use (Tres Emme Thermal Recovery mask) and while I was applying it I didn't think that it would do as much for my thick hair as it was not as thick HOWEVER I was wrong! As soon as I rinsed the product off (after leaving it on for 10 minutes, as advised) my hair felt smoother and softer and relatively de-tangled! After letting my hair air dry with no extra products added I felt the full effect of this mask, my hair was so so soft to touch and run my fingers through, I couldn't stop touching my hair all day! My hair looked healthier and shinier and felt less dry and damaged.



Sorry for the weird photos, it's hard to take pictures of healthy, shiny and soft hair!! And apologies for the naked face!

The next day my hair was still soft and healthy looking. As this mask was so light, my hair still looked clean the next day with no build up or oil so I would say this product is easily light enough to use on a weekly basis.

Overall I would recommend and repurchase this product, I was very happy with the results! I have since used my other hair mask again but much prefer the Montagne Jeunesse sample! Wish I could have got more uses from it!

Thanks for reading!!
xoxo


DISCLAIMER: This product was sent to me to review however all opinions are my own and I am not being paid by the brand or any other company to write this post. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your hair!
    I found your blog via the BBU blog hop and followed, I can't wait to see future posts!
    freshbeautyxox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Going to check out your blog now :) x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog link so I can check it out :)