Wednesday 16 May 2012

Haul: Mostly drug-store!

Hi guys :)
Got a small cosmetics haul to show you, as well as some first impressions of the products! Most of these products are drug-store and are all available in the UK.

1) Rimmel's Fix & Perfect Pro Face Primer; £6.99



Having never tried a foundation primer before, I opted for the cheapest one I could find in my local Superdrug to see if it worked. It claims to smooth, resurface, brighten, mattify and protect your skin as well as prolong foundation wear. Just so you know, it comes out the tube white in colour but rubs in clear :) Having only used this twice, I can only say my first impressions but will continue to use this in order to review it properly. From the times I have used this, I have noticed some difference in the staying power of my foundation, but not as much as I would have hoped. If anyone has any suggestions of a primer that is worth the money and works, please let me know!

2) Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Transparent; £3.99





I was in need of a translucent powder as my previous one was not translucent at all! For my skin tone, this one is :) It claims to mattify your face for up to 5 hours which it doesn't, so reapplication is needed, but at first my face appears matte and clean after applying it. The only downside is that you don't get much product, however the price is reasonable so repurchasing isn't that much of an issue.

3) The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain in 01 Rose Pink; £10


I actually got this free with a magazine this month, which is good as I would not have spent £10 on it! It's a really pretty colour, lovely rose pink shade which is relatively build-able but the staying power on the lips is not as good as I would have thought a stain to be. It needs frequent reapplication, but does look very pretty under a gloss. I've only used it once as a cheek stain and it was okay, I just prefer powder or cream blushes. 

4) Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 025 Peach Parfait; £7.99

 I absolutely love this! I've been wanting to try one of these for ages and it's so worth it! I got a fairly wearable colour which just looks gorgeous on mainly because I wanted to spend the money on something I would actually wear rather than a bright colour that I wouldn't wear. The formula is so soft and buttery (duh!) and it just feels so lovely on the lips. The only down side is the staying power, which is pretty poor but I don't mind reapplying it as it's so easy, you don't even need a mirror!

5) L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara in Extra Black; £10.99


This is my favourite mascara EVER! I've been using it for years now, so this was a re purchase but just thought I'd mention it :) I'll probably do a full review on it though cos it's so amazing! It has the ability to do natural day to day lashes and massive night time ones too which look fake (in a good way!). Absolutely love it and definitely worth the money :)

6) L'oreal Contour Khol Eyeliner Pencil in 135 Iced Chesnut; £4.20


I had been wanting a brown pencil eyeliner for a while, but not just a cheap one, one that is soft around my eyes and easy to blend out. This one is definitely easy to blend, I did hope the colour would be a little darker brown but it's fairly buildable and the colour can be set with a darker eye shadow. It's a nice change from black eyeliner :)

7) Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Creme Lipstick in 01 Crystal Baby; £18.50


This is my only high end product I have to show, but isn't it gorgeous?! Yeah, it's a lot of money but for me it's the perfect 'my lips but better' shade and it's so creamy and glossy and I love it! Staying power is good, it doesn't dry out my lips and it looks great. The only down side is the price, which is why I tend to ask for it at Christmas or for my birthday!

Thanks for reading!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. oooh please do a review on the mascara... I don't have a clue when it comes to lashes :(

    sundancehudson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just got the Lip Butter in Peach Parfait too and am loving it! X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog link so I can check it out :)